2. PARENTS WANT THE PROVINCE TO FIX CONNAUGHT Hopefully, Saskatchewan’s conservative government will do the conservative thing and conserve the heritage school that our mostly useless, possibly malicious and near-brainless school board has sabotaged, deliberately or through incompetence.
3. STEPHEN HARPER ANNOUNCES CANADA WILL HOST A SUMMIT ON MATERNAL CHILD CARE Story here. Maybe he could get a bunch of his anti-birth-control, anti-abortion, anti-women’s rights warlocks to speak at it. Everyone knows that silly women often need things explained to them. I bet Brad Trost will be free that week.
4. STEPHEN HARPER’S PARTY MIGHT LOOSEN POT LAW ENFORCEMENT Really? Huh. I’m going to guess this is happening because their internal polling shows them that the public, correctly, thinks drug prohibition is idiotic.
5. RALPH GOODALE SAYS THE CONSERVATIVES ARE TAKING RISKS WITH PUBLIC SAFETY BY ABANDONING RECENTLY RELEASED SEX OFFENDERS Read all about it.
6. NOT BREAKING NEWS, BUT FYI, STEPHEN HARPER’S GOVERNMENT IS RE-WRITING ELECTION LAWS IN THEIR FAVOUR AND HIS MPS TELL LIES TO JUSTIFY IT Here’s a good re-cap of what’s been going on. It’s so bad that even former Reform Party leader Preston Manning objects.
7. “YOU DON’T WRESTLE WITH TWO PIGS IN A SWAMP WITHOUT GETTING DIRTY” The Toronto Star’s Royson James writes an exceptionally frothy column on Toronto’s police chief handing the Rob Ford investigation to the Ontario Provincial Police.
9. A VEXILLOLOGICAL EXPLANATION Also, what’s up with all those different flags? Here’s what’s up.
10. WANTED: RED-HOT CANADIAN CONTENT The CRTC has a problem with the lack of Canadian porn. (H/T to Neil “Looks like we are all going to have to pitch in” McDonald.)
VIDEO: WHO SAYS COWS AREN’T CUTE? Cows are beautiful, man. Deal with it.