1. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ARCHIVE? Treasury Board president Tony Clement wants the federal government to go paperless.
2. RESEARCH IN MOTION UNVEILS NEW PLATFORM: Yep. They did.
3. BAD NEWS FOR STEM CELL RESEARCH: The European Court has just made stem cell research more difficult.
4. AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER One Israeli and 477 Palestinians have been released in a prisoner swap.
5. U.S. SENATORS SEEK TO OUTLAW TABACCO FROM BASEBALL Chewing tobacco that is.
6. HE’S SLICK Silvio Berlusconi has ducked a media tax fraud indictment.
A MESSAGE TO OUR READERS The coronavirus pandemic is a moment of reckoning for our community. We’re all hurting. It’s no different at Prairie Dog, where COVID-19 has wiped out advertisements for events, businesses and restaurants as Regina and Saskatchewan hunker down in quarantine. As an ad-supported newspaper already struggling in a destabilized media landscape, this is devastating. We’re hoping you, our loyal readers, can help fill in the gap so Prairie Dog can not only continue to exist but even expand our coverage — both in print and online. Please consider donating, either one-time or, even better, on a monthly basis.
We believe Prairie Dog‘s unique voice is needed, now more than ever. For 27 years, this newspaper has been a critical part of Regina’s social, cultural and democratic infrastructure. Don’t let us fade away. There’s only one Prairie Dog. If it’s destroyed, it’s never coming back.