1. HOW COME U DON’T CALL ME ANYMORE? That dirty bird Prince has cancelled his Saskatoon concert.
2. GOOD BOY! An Ohio couple’s newly adopted dog has already earned his keep.
3. AND IF YOU SCROLLED DOWN BELOW THE ADOPTED DOG STORY, YOU MIGHT HAVE FOUND THIS A 9 year old girl survived being trapped for two days in an overturned car by subsisting on Pop Tarts.
4. AN ALBINO SPIDER, YOU SAY? Expert “nearly fell over” when he discovered it.
5. PROOF THAT MISUNDERSTOOD WRITERS ARE AS OLD AS TIME These ancient cave markings might be evidence of very early writings.
6. WE’RE GOING TO SEE A LOT MORE OF THEM, SO Here’s a little something that explains why no two snowflakes are the same.
A MESSAGE TO OUR READERS The coronavirus pandemic is a moment of reckoning for our community. We’re all hurting. It’s no different at Prairie Dog, where COVID-19 has wiped out advertisements for events, businesses and restaurants as Regina and Saskatchewan hunker down in quarantine. As an ad-supported newspaper already struggling in a destabilized media landscape, this is devastating. We’re hoping you, our loyal readers, can help fill in the gap so Prairie Dog can not only continue to exist but even expand our coverage — both in print and online. Please consider donating, either one-time or, even better, on a monthly basis.
We believe Prairie Dog‘s unique voice is needed, now more than ever. For 27 years, this newspaper has been a critical part of Regina’s social, cultural and democratic infrastructure. Don’t let us fade away. There’s only one Prairie Dog. If it’s destroyed, it’s never coming back.