1. GLOBAL WARMING FOOT-DRAGGING WILL FUCK THE GLOBAL ECONOMY: UNITED NATIONS They state it perhaps less bluntly than I do but the bottom line is that ignoring climate change has created a critical situation and we need to act.
2. YEAH, I’LL TAKE THE OIL INDUSTRY’S CLEARLY NOT SELF-SERVING OPINIONS OVER NEIL YOUNG’S, SURE “In Hollywood, the land of make-believe, everything is black and white, good and evil,” says a guy in a suit who makes his living promoting fossil fuels. Kinda skips over addressing Young’s scientifically-founded environmental, economic and social concerns but hey, it’s easier to punch straw arguments. We should’ve been pouring cash into alternative energy research 30 years ago but jerks in suits blocked change because it would’ve stopped them from raking in their easy money.
4. STRIPPERS AND LIBRARIES Leader-Post news ranger Emma Graney takes secret delight at getting away with covering both topics in this one story about City Hall’s executive committee meeting.
5. CANADIAN MP FOLLOWED AND QUESTIONED IN SRI LANKA Bad, bad Sri Lanka.
6. IS THE UNITED STATES TOO CORRUPT FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE TO WORK? Read an interesting take here.
THIS VIDEO DEDICATED TO EDMONTON’S HARD-WORKING AIRPORT SECURITY Apparently, Edmonton airport officials tried to make the pipe bomb totin’- teen take his explosive device onto a plane. No, really. He declined. I guess some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb.