1. BACKSLIDING INTO ANOTHER GLOBAL RECESSION? Why, what would give you that idea?
2. THANKS FOR NOTHING The Federal Government is short-changing Toronto after effectively laying waste to its downtown during the G20 last year.
3. HERE’S THE NEW BOSS, NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD BOSS Qatar’s government has replaced the director-general of Al Jazeera with a member of its royal family.
4. OBAMA APPROVES He thinks Libya’s transitional leader is a-okay. For now.
5. NAZCA-ESQUE STRUCTURES FOUND IN ARABIA Google Earth found them, and they’re pretty amazing, so you should definitely have a look.
6. AND ANOTHER UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENON A Regina woman living in the South end woke to find a hay bale on her front lawn! There’s no explanation! Be sure to click through the photos for different vantage points on the bale. Har har!
A MESSAGE TO OUR READERS The coronavirus pandemic is a moment of reckoning for our community. We’re all hurting. It’s no different at Prairie Dog, where COVID-19 has wiped out advertisements for events, businesses and restaurants as Regina and Saskatchewan hunker down in quarantine. As an ad-supported newspaper already struggling in a destabilized media landscape, this is devastating. We’re hoping you, our loyal readers, can help fill in the gap so Prairie Dog can not only continue to exist but even expand our coverage — both in print and online. Please consider donating, either one-time or, even better, on a monthly basis.
We believe Prairie Dog‘s unique voice is needed, now more than ever. For 27 years, this newspaper has been a critical part of Regina’s social, cultural and democratic infrastructure. Don’t let us fade away. There’s only one Prairie Dog. If it’s destroyed, it’s never coming back.