1. TELL US SOMETHING WE DON’T KNOW In a scintillating interview with Der Spiegel, Dick Cheney defends water boarding, and predicts more “Terror Attacks”.
2. THE MOST ANNOYING NEIGHBOURS ON EARTH Fresh on the heels of the Palestinians’ appeal for UN membership, Israel has given the green-light to begin construction on 1100 new housing units in East Jerusalem.
3. DEMANDING ANSWERS Human rights experts are demanding an inquiry into why a Canadian citizen diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia was detained in Afghanistan by the U.S. for 18 months.
4. WAIT AND SEE World stocks are expected to do well today.
5. NOT SO FRIENDLY SKIES A woman was reportedly escorted off a Southwest Airlines flight for “excessively” kissing another woman. This is the same airline that kicked director Kevin Smith off a plane last year for being fat.
6. SPEND MORE OR LOSE THE FALKLANDS! Former armed forces chiefs say the UK needs to spend more on their military lest they lose the Falkland Islands.