I pitched this idea for a prairie dog poll earlier this week but it was rejected because that Dan Reynish one at right was already booked. I guess our Mr Whitworth considers crowd sourcing editorial decisions to be more important than poking fun at city hall.
Anyway, here’s my pitch as a blog post. You can put your votes in the comments.
* * * * *
The Jan 23 city council meeting was a total marathon affair. And the only member of council absent was Mayor Fiacco. Apparently he was in Bangkok. Sunny, tropical Bangkok! Some of us who endured those four plus hours think that on his return the mayor should have to participate in a humiliating forfeit to make up for it.
What do you think his forfeit should be?
1. Inaugurate the downtown plaza stage by singing a karaoke version of Petula Clark’s “Downtown” one noon hour.
2. At the next council meeting, wear a prairie dog typo wiener t-shirt with the “typo” part blacked out.
3. Treat the journos who survived the meeting to a round of drinks at O’Han’s. (We like this one best.)
4. Three words: Lose. The. Mullet.
5. Oh, leave the guy alone, will you? Even the mayor deserves some fun in the sun!