I Know, I Know But Rick Perry!

Salon has a properly fizzing, bang-on rantnalysis on the Texas’ sociopath idiot governor who could be President of the United States in 2012:

The GOP “establishment” prefers this evangelical nitwit with fringe tendencies to that evangelical nitwit with fringe tendencies, sure. This Dominionist purposefully evoking some of the most radical far-right movements and ideas of the last 200 years is so much more electable than this other one! I mean, Rick Perry may be a neo-Confederate sympathizer with a recurring tendency to bring up secession, but he doesn’t look as weird in a photograph as Bachmann does, I guess. Perry’s flirtations with neo-Confederate organizations and symbols — ably documented by Justin Elliott — are so extraordinarily reprehensible that it should immediately and permanently disqualify him from being taken seriously for national office. The Confederacy was not a bunch of generally well-meaning dudes who went a little too far, it was a gang of racist traitors who launched a bloody war to defend a monstrously unjust institution. Having neo-Confederate sympathies in America should be equivalent to supporting the reconstituted Fascist party in Italy, or worse. It should not be considered something that 50 percent of the nation should be willing to look past, or even embrace.


Back to real work.

Author: Stephen Whitworth

Prairie Dog editor Stephen Whitworth was carried to Regina in a swarm of bees. He's been with Prairie Dog since May 1999 and will die at his keyboard before admitting his career a terrible, terrible mistake.

7 thoughts on “I Know, I Know But Rick Perry!”

  1. The NO CHANCE that Rick Perry will lose the Republican nomination and I give him 50/50 to become president in 2012.

    The Republicans aren’t just the Pro-Life Party, like the CP in Canada, they’re also the No-Life Party. Trust me buddies, the influence of people who have NO-LIFE right now is powerful.

    Tea Partiers: NO LIFE
    Conservative Party of Canada: NO LIFE

  2. I kind of wonder if the South should have won the civil war so that the North would be better off now.

  3. Or maybe we shouldn’t have taken up the practice of human slavery in the first place, if we’re going to second guess history here.

  4. I should explain for all the modern nerds who can’t think non-linearly: Theoretically, in a two-person race, each candidate has a 50% shot at winning, but not in reality, In 2008, John McCain literally had a 0% chance of winning the presidency. In 2004, John Kerry probably had a 40% shot at winning. In 1996, Bob Dole had like, 10% odds. I think in 1992, Clinton had below 50% odds, as did Bush in 2000, yet both came out victorious. Bush cheated his ass off, we all know that now, but even to have been that close, he overcame.

    You’d think Obama should have 2012 sewn up. He killed Osama and things haven’t really changed, tho is that really his fault. A little bit, but he’s been dealing with 8 years of Bush shit, which could take 45 years to fix.

    America is fucked and all the good, easy-going people are going to start looking for a saviour in a form of a guns and God commando-looking type. That’s Rick Perry. All the Liberal thinking will fall by the wayside as an indulgence. No one cares about his stand on abortion, they just want someone who looks like he has no problem killing a jaywalker. As that is what America is becoming, small-thinking, vengeance-taking, desperate-feeling people.

    Man, they don;t want Hyde Park, they want the Bell Tower, and I’m actually afraid to admit it, but Rick Perry has a better than 50% chance of winning because he’s a ruthless @hole and that’s probably what much of America thinks it needs right now.

  5. No, the South has won the culture war.

    I love this, from Wikipedia:

    Response to 2011 drought and wildfires

    On April 21, 2011, Perry proclaimed a three-day period, from April 22 to April 24, as “Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas” in response to the wildfires then covering much of the state.[113][114]

    By late July, 75% of the state was experiencing exceptional drought conditions, as opposed to 10-20% in April.


Comments are closed.