1. QUEBEC MAYOR DEMENTEDLY CALLS FOR A FIGHT AGAINST SCIENTISTS AND ENVIRONMENTALISTS Ugh. I’ll stay on team science, thanks.
2. CONSERVATIVE MINISTER BREAKS CONFLICT OF INTEREST RULES Shocking.
3. FLORIDA REPUBLICANS DENY BANNING INCONVENIENT WORDS “The office of Florida’s governor, Rick Scott, and the state’s environmental protection department (DEP) have denied the state banned the phrases “climate change” and “global warming” from educational materials and other products.” Yeah, right.
4. MORE WOE FOR PAMELA WALLIN The RCMP says she billed the government for personal meetings, appointments and obligations.
5. CANADA’S HOUSING MARKET IS A BUBBLE AND UNINSURED MORTGAGES ARE MAKING THINGS LESS STABLE That’s what the International Money fund says, if I understand this story correctly.
6. TABER, ALBERTA BANS PUBLIC ASSEMBLY; SWEARING The town best known for a school shooting has given everyone an incredibly dumb reason to keep remembering its name.
7. INDIA BUS RAPE DOC BAN DRAWS BLOWBACK There’s a fight over India’s Daughter, a documentary on the 2012 Delhi bus rape that killed a woman and exposed India’s cultural misogyny. The film is banned in India, either to suppress a rapist’s awful and possibly riot-sparking views or to protect the country’s reputation. That restriction is being questioned.
8. FERRET BAN STANDS IN NEW YORK Boo. I’m a strong advocate for non-traditional pet ownership. Unusual, less domesticated pets can teach us about animals. They give us a greater appreciation for wildlife and the habitats they live in. Most importantly, they make the world a more interesting place.
9. GUILTY, GUILTY AND GUILTY Three men will stay in jail for a vicious assault in Central Park (that’s the nice park in the Centre Square neighbourhood that’s south of 14th between Scarth and Hamilton). Can we not attack one another, please?
10. A SIMPSON’S CREATOR DIES R.I.P., Sam Simon.
VIDEO: ZOOLANDER 2 IS COMING FOR YOU The sequel to the greatest fashion movie ever made opens next February. Hooray! Warning: video is boring after the first minute.