3. THE PREMIERS ARE MEETING Yes they are, and they’re talking about what they call trade barriers.
4. RECOVERED RUBBLE RECALLS DYNAMITED CULTURE Hey, here’s a good reminder about how we’ve treated aboriginals in this province over the years.
6. A FUN NEW ROB FOR SURPRISE “Toronto Mayor Rob Ford had his high school players roll in goose droppings, threatened to beat up a teacher, showed up drunk at a practice and reneged on a promise to buy $5,000 worth of football helmets for his team, according to internal school board documents released today.” Ha ha ha ha ha! In other Toronto news, looks like Olivia Chow is shitting the bed.
7. CANADA’S JUSTICE MINISTER POSES FOR A PICTURE WEARING A PRO-ASSAULT RIFLE T-SHIRT Dunno what else to say about this.
8. EVANGELINE LILLY OBJECTS TO HARPER’S WAR ON SCIENCE “People need [scientific] information. They need that base objective standard that they can test their decisions against.” More here. In other news, 58 per cent of Canadians do not have basic scientific knowledge.
9. REAL SUPERMEN DON’T TELL JOKES Apparently Warner Bros. doesn’t want jokes in their superhero movies. All right, then.
VIDEO: WHERE ARE YOU? Chad VanGaalen released Shrink Dust back in April. The album got good reviews (here’s ours). Now there’s a freaky new video for the song “Where Are You”. If you like weird, disturbing, surrealistic imagery, you’ll like this.