1. WINTER ADVICE Is the approach of the season of snow and ice getting you down? This might put a smile back on your face.
2. GOVERNMENT WEED ADS If you’ve watched television lately you may have seen an ad talking about the dangers of kids smoking marijuana. A fair enough argument to make, but the ad itself and its existence don’t make much sense, argues Patrick McGuire.
3. DEALING WITH PARLIAMENTARY SEXUAL HARRASSMENT NDP leader Thomas Mulcair is proposing to the other political parties to come together, create a formal code of conduct and appoint a non-partisan officer to deal with sexual harassment complaints against Members of Parliament.
4. CLIMATE CHANGE President Obama is pledging $3 billion U.S. to an international fund for helping out poorer countries affected negatively by climate change.
5. SOLAR POWERED Looking to generate your own power but have a building that can’t handle bulky solar panels on the roof? Here’s some good news, a company in the U.K. is testing out their solar panels made of lightweight cloth that can be attached anywhere.
6. CBC LAYOFF REACTIONS Our public broadcaster, a fundamental part of our democratic society, is being demolished piece by piece – the CBC is set to lose close to 1,500 jobs in the next year and CEO/President Hubert Lacroix continues to brush it off like nothing’s wrong. When Lacroix went to present a President’s Award to the reporters of Radio-Canada in Sherbrooke, QC who covered the Lac-Mégantic disaster, they refused. Canadian Media Guild Vice-President Lise Lareau explains why.
8. KARDASHIAN VS THE SPACE PROBE Kim Kardashian posing nude didn’t receieve nearly as much attention as Rosetta landing the Philae probe onto a comet. There’s hope for humanity yet!
For this week’s piece, I picked a happy number from one of the strangest game series ever made (you roll junk up into a ball – sometimes making it so big you start rolling up people, cities and whole continents!). This week’s piece is Hello World from 2011’s Touch My Katamari for the Playstation Vita, composed by Hiroshi Okubo: