Hey, look! It’s a
7:00 8:00 p.m. aggregation blog post! Who expected that? Daily Aggregation: just like the Spanish Inquisition!
1. SCOTTISH REFERENDUM! Votes are being counted. Exciting! Read more from The Guardian, The Guardian, BBC, The Washington Post, Slate, Rabble, The Tyee, The New York Times, The Globe And Mail, The Canadian Press and The Guardian again.
2. IT WAS THE THE HOTTEST AUGUST IN THE RECORDED HISTORY OF THE PLANET Not good. More here, here, here, here and here. And if you don’t believe in global warming at this point, you might actually be a terrible human being. It’s true. Just saying.
4. UNIVERSITY OF REGINA JOURNALISM SCHOOL LAUNCHES MASTER’S PROGRAM Fantastic! Hey, I know those guys! Awesome work Mitch, Trish and rest.
5. STADIUM UPDATE Want one? Here ya go.
6. GUN-LOVING PRIME MINISTER SAYS HIS GOVERNMENT IS THE WORLD’S BEST What a fucking egomaniac.
7. NHL TRAINING CAMPS OPEN Hooray! Here’s your Columbus Blue Jackets news.
8. IN OTHER HOCKEY NEWS: TEEMU HAZ A MAD, BRUCE BOUDREAU HAZ A SAD A retired hockey player who scored nine goals total last season trashes his old coach for only playing him 14 minutes a night. In 1993, I saw the NHL’s 11th all-time leading goal scorer score seven goals in two games (Feb. 28 against Minnesota and March 2 against Quebec, hmm, just noticed that all three teams involved in those games moved during the ’90s). Anyway, I still lurve Teemu. Lurrrrve him, and have since the day he was drafted 10th overall (which, yes, I watched live, and yes, I was rooting for the Jets to draft Selanne after reading the Hockey News scouting report on him. I was a nerd, okay?).
9. OMG OMG OMG PRINCE EDWARD IS IN REGINA Don’t care, maybe you do?