1. REGINA VERSUS WEDNESDAY According to Environment Canada: sunrise 7:51-ish, sunset 6:32-ish for 10 hours and more than 41 minutes of daylight, total. Woo! It’s getting better! The high today will be a windy, unpleasant -18 while the low will be -27.
2. CHICAGO POLICE HAVE A SECRET DETENTION WAREHOUSE WHERE COPS BEAT SUSPECTS? Jebus McFucking Christmas. Oh, and naturally, the people arrested include protesters.
3. KIM JONG HARPER WANTS SPY LAWS RUSHED The prime minister’s deliberate and calculated attack on civil liberties continues.
4. CANADIAN WOMAN JOINS THE ISLAMIC STATE What a gigantic tragedy.
5. ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE POLITICIAN IS ANTI-SCIENCE Wayne Gretzky’s beloved Ontario Progressive Conservatives have member of parliament who openly rejects evolution. How stupid and arrogant.
6. HOME EXPLOSION SENDS REGINANS TO HOSPITAL The Leader-Post has the story.
7. SAVING BUTTERFLIES Monarch butterfly populations have dropped around 90 per cent in the last two decades, so scientists and conservationists want our government (which has pledged to protect the butterflies) to step up.
8. LIFESTYLES OF THE RICH AND RAPEY The son of Tim Horton’s co-founder is being sued for sexually assaulting a guest on his yacht. His dad’s being sued too. Story here.
9. D.C. PREPARES TO LEGALIZE POT POSSESSION Good. It makes no sense that it’s illegal, unless one thinks public policy is about making criminals wealthy. Prohibition doesn’t work.
10. OH YEAH, OBAMA VETOED THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE YESTERDAY Also good.
VIDEO: WHY DO PEOPLE REJECT VACCINATION? Science ‘splains without being judgmental.