2. SASKATCHEWAN ENGINEERS REMEMBER THE MONTREAL MASSACRE Good on them.
3. THE OTHER BOOM More information on that Regina Beach home explosion.
4. SCOOP CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PROCEEDS The federal government tried to stop a class action lawsuit that seeks damages for “a devastating loss of cultural identity” caused by the infamous ’60s scoop, in which government officials took First Nations kids away from their parents, cough, genocide, cough. No dice, feds — the suit’s going ahead.
5. PENSION FUND DRAMA IN QUEBEC The province legislates higher worker contributions to pensions. Guessing this isn’t going to go over so well.
6. LAUNCH DELAYED Orion stays parked.
7. SENATE CHALLENGES OFFENSIVELY AND IGNORANTLY NAMED BILL Good for the Senate. And we all realize that calling a bill the “Zero Tolerance for Barbaric Cultural Practices Act” is spectacularly inappropriate, right? It’s xenophobic, childish and most of all unprofessional parliamentary behaviour. It’s just propaganda for suckers. Also, where do Conservatives get off being so judgmental? They’re widely regarded as an ignorant, arrogant bunch of war-mongering, firearm-waving, dead aboriginal women-ignoring, scientifically illiterate and scientist suppressing, critic tax-auditing, reproductive rights attacking, daycare-sabotaging, veteran disrespecting, environment-trashing corporate stooges. They don’t know how to run a civilized country. These deficit-happy clowns doesn’t even know how to run an economy. No one should listen to their opinions on other cultures. The issues they’re raising are serious, nuanced and important, and governments need to address them, but these federal Conservatives flat out don’t have the expertise, empathy and frankly intelligence tackle them wisely.
They better knock it off before I write what I REALLY think.
8. SUSPECTED COP SHOOTER ARRESTED Read all about it.
9. MEANWHILE IN GREAT BRITAIN Conservative brainiacs want to shrink government to 1930s size. Because small governments make everyday people’s lives better, oh wait, no they don’t, not at all.
VIDEO: A S.P.E.C.T.R.E. LOOMS The next James Bond movie looks like it might be fun! Although I shouldn’t get too excited because the last one was way too misogynistic for my 21st century tastes. But still. Christoph Waltz!