1. TRANSIT REFUND APPROVED IN SASKATOON Transit pass and U-Pass holders are getting money back due to the recent lockout.
2. HONG KONG PROTESTS GET FIERY Occupy protesters are claiming pro-Chinese government supporters are being paid to disrupt peaceful protests. Wouldn’t put it past the Chinese government, they aren’t known for being fair against those who stand up to them.
3. CANADA SENDING AIR FORCES TO COMBAT ISIS Prime Minister Harper says they aren’t sending any ground troops and it’ll be a six-month operation at max. Anybody else feel this is going to paint an even bigger target on Canada?
4. MILITARY EXPERT SAYS BOMBING ISLAMIC STATE NECESSARY Because the numbers for ISIS swelled from 20,000 to 30,000 members, according to the CIA.
5. BLOOD SUPPLIES LOW The Canadian Blood Service’s supply is running low, and they’re looking for people with type O and type A blood. Donate, if you can!
6. EBOLA CASE IN U.S. They’ve put four people close to the confirmed ebola carrier in Texas into quarantine as well.
7. CHRISTIAN =/= ANTI-LGBT A good reminder – just because some Christians use their beliefs to justify bigotry, doesn’t mean they all do.
8. HARSH TRUTHS OF BEING A WRITER Simply put: it’s not easy.
Are you a fan of old-school Nintendo stuff as I am? The new Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS is out today. I’m just stoked I can finally pit Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man in a match together. Here’s the trailer: