1. GOOD BYE FAST FORWARD, WE HATE SEEING YOU GO Absolutely rotten news out of Calgary today, as we learned that the city’s long-running alternative newsweekly paper, Fast Forward, is being shut down by its parent company, Great West Newspapers. You can read more here and here. This sucks.
2. MOUNTIE WHO TASED A DUDE TO DEATH IS GUILTY OF… PERJURY Is that a fancy word for killing someone? Confused.
3. HERITAGE BUILDING IDENTIFIED IN REGINA, CALL IN THE BULLDOZERS! This city, I tell ya.
4. MORE DEATH ON SASK. HIGHWAYS Fuck.
5. THE SECRET LIBRARY There’s controversy over the Saskatchewan government’s investigation into building a library to house public records… which is what the Saskatchewan Archives Board does… which the government has cut funding to. What?
6. GREEK BAIL-OUT EXTENDED Good.
TRAILER: THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. Hmm, this remake looks like it’ll be fun. Makes sense, the director is Guy Richie. Hey, have a good, and safe, weekend.