1. HARPER’S DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS RESIGNS Shore is lots o’ quittin‘ going ’round the gubbermint’s offices these days.
2. WHAT DO HOMELESS CATS AND 50 SHADES OF GREY HAVE IN COMMON? Stephen Harper’s wife.
3. RETURN OF THE MAD COWS They’re back in Alberta and this time they’re angry. Or something.
4. GOOD BYE, GOOD RIDDANCE As expected,right-wing propaganda outlet Sun News Network is done. More here, here and here. Now’s Zach Ruiter talked to two Sunners about the teevee station’s legacy. I like The Beaverton’s take: “Unemployed Sun News commentators quickly change opinion on employment insurance”. Goodbye forever, Faith Goldy. It was nice working with you.
5. BARACK OBAMA CONDEMNS NORTH CAROLINA MASSACRE Nice to hear that someone in the United States cares about Muslims who get shot.
6. STRIP CLUB APPLICANT IS STILL SAD It is rather annoying that council listened to the temperance mob instead of following administration’s recommendation for approval. I mean, it’s not like the owner was trying to do something illegal, and as for safety concerns about the location, well, it used to be a busy nightclub well-serviced by cabs, so I think those are overblown.
7. THE BADNESS OF BEING BEAUTIFUL You get worse health care, apparently.
8. WHORES OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM Something to read about while you ponder this Valentine’s Day thing going on tomorrow.
VIDEO: POLYAMOROUS LOVE Here’s a, I think, pretty good video about negotiating complicated sex stuff. What do you think? Happy Valentine’s Day!