1. FIGHTING FAST FOOD Fast food workers in 150 U.S.
states cities protest shit wages.
2. REGINA TEEN MISSING FOR TWO WEEKS Hopefully she’s safe.
3. NATO MEETS, TALKS, FRETS Topics discussed at the NATO summit in the United Kingdom: Ukraine and Russia, Islamic State fuck-os.
4. U.S. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT WILL EXPAND ITS FERGUSON PROBE Read all about it. Meanwhile, the New York Times reports that a lot of American police departments are a lot whiter than the communities they serve, which, at minimum, creates an image problem, don’tcha think?
5. STEPHEN HARPER SAYS SCOTLAND SHOULDN’T SEPARATE You were probably wondering what Dear Leader thinks; now you know.
6. BP: EVEN MORE GROSSLY NEGLIGENT BP loses a court ruling over the catastrophic Deepwater Horizon spill and will face “enhanced civil penalties”. The company says it will appeal.
7. HOLY FUCKASAURUS A really, really, really, really, really, really big dinosaur is described. I hope someone reconstructs a near-complete fossil of one of these things someday. 45 per cent is pretty good, though.
8. UNIVERSITY OF REGINA ANNOUNCES EBOLA PRECAUTIONS Better safe than sorry, especially when “sorry” means vomiting, bloody diarrhea and bleeding from the eyes.
9. R.I.P., JOAN RIVERS Johnny Carson’s one-time top guest-host has died.
10. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT, “GEE, I’D LIKE TO PROMOTE PROSTITUTION IN LAS VEGAS, THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN”? Apparently not so fun.
11. RAGGED ASS NEWS As far as I know, Ragged Ass Barbers men-only policy continues (someone let me know the second that changes, please). Interesting things we’ve learned from this controversy: Curves gym accepts male members (!!!) and Calgary barbershops happily give men’s-style haircuts to women. Also, Vanda Schmockel’s been thinking about misogyny in culture. Oh! And a lot of Reginans are apparently really threatened by words like “discrimination”.
BUT I’M A NICE GUY “I am afraid. I am afraid. I am afraid of women.” Here’s a video for not reason at all, la la la.
More here. (H/T Amy)