1. PSYCHIATRIC TESTS ORDERED FOR ACCUSED MASS MURDERER Seems like a good idea.
2. “FUCK WHALES! YAY PIPELINES!” Problem: protecting humpback whale habitat gets in the way of pipeline approvals. Solution: say whales aren’t endangered. Easy!
3. SPEAKING OF PIPELINES… Brad Wall isn’t happy with the Keystone XL pipeline being in limbo*. I guess it’s better that he’s saying this than an NDP premier. That would be demoralizing.
4. 18-YEAR OLD REGINA WOMAN KILLED IN LATE NIGHT CRASH Jesus, how awful.
5. HERB GRAY HAS PASSED AWAY R.I.P.
6. TAXPAYER VANDALIZES PUBLIC ART Story here. Artist’s blog here. My opinion? Well, I can’t judge a piece from an Internet picture. Seems like something that I’d enjoy walking past every day. I like being reminded that people are thinking about things, and this is a thinky piece.
7. UKRAINE: TAKING PICTURES AND LOOKING FOR NAMES Are heavily armed paramilitary troops in Ukraine actually Russian special forces units? Meanwhile, the United States has pledged $50 million to Ukraine.
8. THE U.S. SUPREME COURT SAYS IT’S OKAY FOR VOTERS TO BAN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION Ugh.
9. A TORONTO LADY FINDS AN ESCAPED PET SNAKE IN HER BATHROOM AND IT’S APPARENTLY NATIONAL* NEWS But I guess don’t mind because I like snakes, and, fair enough, a lot of people honestly find them scary. Still, everyone in this story is smiling, from the woman who discovered it to the cop gleefully carrying it around. The snakeypoo is clearly relaxed too. The species, by the way, is a ball python and it’s incapable of harming a person. It’s also, irrationally, illegal to own in Saskatchewan.
*Yes, I know the report’s by CTV Toronto but I found it on CTV’s national page.
LET’S ALL LEARN ABOUT BALL PYTHONS TOGETHER Well, about keeping them as pets, anyway.