2. THE CONSERVATIVES LIED ABOUT TERRY FOX The party said Terry Fox’s family supported a Conservative political pledge. Not true. But blahblahblah, say the Conservatives.
3. ON THE FREE MARKET, SOCIOPATHS AND DRUG PRICES Ugh. What was that the NDP was saying about national pharmacare? Sounds better by the minute.
4. SASKATOON WANTS MORE STREETS NAMED AFTER FIRST NATIONS PEOPLE Cool!
5. MANDRYK SLAMS THE OLD STOCK Good column by Murray at the L-P.
6. WHY THE FUCK IS KIM DAVIS STILL EMPLOYED? She gets out of jail and goes right back to fucking around with same-sex couples. Unbelievable.
7. CAPITOL POINTE, NOW WTF?? Maybe? Meanwhile, the heritage Ted Godwin tower we were all promised would be incorporated into the new design was for sale on Kijiji until the media reported on it. Moral of the story: be careful about trusting developers and Regina politicians. They tend to ruin nice things.
8. ALBERTA NDP STANDS UP TO CATHOLIC SCHOOL BOARD Interesting story brewing in Edmonton.
9. NO WE DON’T NEED A LAW No link to a news story, just a heads-up that the religious extremists behind the anti-abortion “We Need A Law” campaign have launched a cross-country tour to raise awareness about how “we need a law” to, for example, force pregnant teens to ask the dad who raped them for permission to have an abortion (they don’t phrase it that way but I wanted to make sure their motives are clear). The LifeTOUR comes to Regina’s Harvest City Church on Oct. 9.
From the press release:
“We want to know, from each individual candidate, where they stand […] Do they care if babies are aborted simply because the father prefers a boy? Do they care if late-term babies, who could live outside the womb, are aborted? Do they care about the second victim when a pregnant woman is murdered?”
Nice try, you purveyors of demented, sexually repressed, manipulative, un-Christian, misinformation and lies. Your goal isn’t banning sex-selective abortion. You oppose access to birth control altogether, regard LGBTQ people as mentally ill and think people with different faiths than you should be barred from our country. All those links, by the way, connect to things written by We Need A Law director (and one-time candidate for the anti-LGBT Christian Heritage Party) Mike Schouten, whose strain of anti-choice activism is associated with opposing both premarital sex, divorce and, once again, access to birth control. In other words, mega-extreme.
Don’t fall for the almost-reasonable sounding arguments. They’re just the smiling mask on rabid maniacs.
VIDEO: A FATAL DOSE OF WATER Want to know how much you need to drink to die? How much chocolate would you need to eat? How much weed would you need to smoke? Watch the video and find out! Via Kottke.