1. MORE CANADIANS ARE STRUGGLING BECAUSE THEY DON’T MAKE ENOUGH MONEY Story here. The problems: “Subdued real wage growth and muted hiring have kept a lid on earnings. Meanwhile, house prices continue to climb and inflation has ticked above the 2-per-cent mark for four months in a row.” And, if you rent in Regina, you might be more desperate because you now pay waaay more than you did five years ago.
2. TUITION: RIGHT THE FUCK OUT OF CONTROL The average university tuition in Canada will be pushing eight grand a year by fall 2017. Another reason why Canadians are struggling financially.
3. HERE WE GO AGAIN? U.S. President Barack Obama is going on teevee to explain why the U.S. is about to attack Iraq again. But this time, no soldiers! Riiiiight. Sarcasm aside, the country has a moral obligation to try to do something, since the United States wrecked Iraq when they invaded on false pretenses (and why aren’t Bush and Cheney in jail?). As for Canadian involvement, well, we’re involved, but it’s not totally clear how involved.
4. THOSE GLASSHOLES Regina’s private sector recycling contractor has been sending recyclable glass to landfills instead of recycling it.
5. UNIVERSITY OF SASK SCRAPS HATED THING About damn time.
6. BC TEACHERS STRIKE CONTINUES, THINGS TO HAPPEN Read about those things here. I wonder who’s more likely to be unreasonable: teachers or politicians? Hmmm, tough one (not really).
7. “HELP! HELP! I’M BEING OPPRESSED!” Some dude who owns four McDonald’s franchises calls for government to help him hire vulnerable foreign employees, oh I don’t know, possibly to keep his labour costs down, hmmm? Anyway, he wants Albertans to stand with him. Funny how business dudes love the free market when it works in their favour but want government intervention the second there’s a labour shortage that increases their costs.
8. ROB FORD’S FORMER TOP ADVISER, WHO WAS FIRED BY ROB FORD, WRITES A BOOK ABOUT ROB FORD It will be out this fall, maybe before the Oct. 27 Mayoral election, maybe after.
10. BACK PAIN DURING SEX? Yeah, you’re gonna click this link, aren’t you? Dirty little monkey. Anyway: swing with the hips, not the spine.
11. IT’S INTERNET SLOWDOWN DAY, HOORAY? The Internet protests idiotic U.S. ideas about how the Internet should change itself to favour huge telecom corporations.
12. “NUDE MAN BITES POLICE DOG AFTER WILD CAR CHASE” CBC has the headline of the day.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS NOT TO SAY TO WOMEN You could watch this and practice not saying them! You could!