1. TAX DATA ATTACK The Canadian Revenue Agency has shut down access to its online services due to an evil security threat.
3. TRUDEAU SAYS HE’LL REPEAL THE CONSERVATIVES’ ELECTION BILL IF HE’S ELECTED PRIME MINISTER Well, good.
4. URBANIZE TO SAVE THE ECONOMY That’s what Regina and Saskatoon must do, says someone smart.
5. BRIAN MULRONEY WANTS HARPER TO DO A BETTER JOB BUILDING A PRO-PIPELINE CONSENSUS. HE ALSO SAYS SOMETHING EXTREMELY INSIGHTFUL, THOUGH PERHAPS NOT IN THE WAY HE INTENDED The story’s here. The quote? “The essential continuity of governments from Mulroney through Chretien and Martin to Harper explains a great deal of what is right about Canada today.” Yup. Right wing.
6. MISSING AND PRESUMED EATEN The possible fate of Michael Rockefeller, lost in 1961.
7. STABBING SPREE No one has died but four people were critically injured in a knife-based school attack near Pittsburgh.
9. REMEMBER THAT DOCUMENTARY ABOUT GEOCENTRISM THAT WAS MADE BY A HOLOCAUST DENIER THAT I MENTIONED YESTERDAY? Captain Janeway says she was a mere voice for hire, and no, she is not a geocentrist. Also, a scientist who appears in the film wrote a piece about it on Slate.
VIDEO: THE LOTTERY The creationist group Answers In Genesis is whining about a PBS science program. Fuck ’em! Creationism is maliciously ignorant, toxic sludge that, if left unchecked, could drag us all backwards to an era of quivering superstitions, bizarre rituals, miscellaneous quackery and probably witch-burning. IWhatever’s behind it, it’s sure not Christianity. Creationists! Cast off your shackles of ignorance and step into the light! And go read Shirley Jackson’s The Lottery. IT’S ABOUT YOU.