1. SOME LANDLORDS IN SASKATCHEWAN CAN DO WHAAAAAA?????????? Turn away gay renters? Wuh? How? Well, that loophole’s gotta be fixed, like, yesterday.
2. FIX THE DAMN GRAIN BACKLOG The provincial government says the federal government needs to do more.
3. CRIMEAN ANNEXATION: ILLEGAL Says the UN.
4. “IT’S TIME TO SET ASIDE EMOTION AND NOSTALGIA. BUILDINGS COME AND GO” The Leader-Post doesn’t understand why heritage architecture matters. You can support Prairie Dog, the newspaper that does, here.
5. SASKATOON WOMAN DOESN’T WANT SEX ON BIRTH CERTIFICATES Read all about it.
6. TORY MP STEVEN FLETCHER INTRODUCES THAT RIGHT-TO-DIE LEGISLATION HE TALKED ABOUT YESTERDAY Story here. One additional thought since I wrote about this yesterday: any chance this is a secretly calculated move by the government to woo moderate voters to the party and make the Conservatives look less extreme? That would be a good strategy. I mean, I’m speculating out my butt here, but if a parliamentary reporter wanted to ask Fletcher point-blank if he was fronting this bill for caucus or the PMO, I’d love to hear his answer (even though it would be “no”).
7. WALLY COATES, REST IN PEACE A former four-term city councillor who advocated for seniors has passed away at 88.
8. THE VANCOUVER AQUARIUM BREEDS A NEAR-EXTINCT FROG Bravo!
NEW CALEDONIAN CROWS DEMONSTRATE THE REASONING ABILITY OF A SEVEN-YEAR-OLD HUMAN Cool! I love crows. Crows rule. Lets see what YouTube has to say on this subject: