1. SOMEONE SHOT DOWN A PLANE “Someone” almost certainly = the Russian-equipped Ukrainian rebels who fucked up and confused a passenger airline with a military plane. Thanks to their stupidity, 298 people, including a renowned AIDS researcher and a Canadian, are dead. International investigators have arrived on the scene.
2. ISRAEL HAS SENT IN THE TROOPS Great, just great. Here’s what it’s like to be on the receiving end of this invasion. There’s a rally tonight at the legislature if you’d like to express your unhappiness with Israel.
3. WHAT THE DUFFY CHARGES MEAN FOR STEPHEN HARPER Trouble. Good.
4. A PRICEY SURPRISE FOR TEAM SASK Fundraising efforts for Saskatchewan’s North American Indigenous Games athletes flopped, so provincial athletes need to suddenly find $600 each.
5. GORMLEY ON THE AWFUL FAKE-CHRISTIAN HATE-PREACHERS He makes some good points though of course he wasn’t here to see the shouty creeps in action and I think his column would’ve been more nuanced if he had been. Our take? We’ll weigh in next issue.
6. CANADA’S STUDENT LOAN SYSTEM: “COMPLEX TO THE POINT OF NONSENSICAL” Read all about it.
7. NEW BRUNSWICK IS VIOLATING WOMEN’S RIGHTS The province is beset by anti-abortion bullshit disguised as reasonableness.
8. HOSPITALIZED EX-DICTATOR SUES VIDEO GAME COMPANY Manuel Noriega is not happy that his likeness appears in Call Of Duty: Black Ops II. This from the guy whose riot police painted smurfs on their water cannons.
10. THE FINANCIAL AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS AUTHORITY OF SASKATCHEWAN IS LOOKING AT CANCELLING REGISTRATION IN REGINA’S PENSION PLAN Aieeeeeee!
VIDEO! Buzzfeed is behind this consciousness-raising confection called, “If Men Were Women”.