1. RECORD NUMBERS OF MOZZIES Mosquitoes everywhere! Aieee!
2. DON’T DESTROY RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL ABUSE RECORD: LAWYER Read all about it.
3. ANTI-CHOICE RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION PUNTED FROM EDMONTON CLASSROOMS Good.
4. CONSERVATIVES REVISE PROPOSED PROSTITUTION LAWS They’re still really, really set on keeping sex work illegal.
5. ISRAEL VS. GAZA CORPSE JAMBOREE The Palestinians finally killed an Israeli, so the score in this grim “conflict” (i.e., totally one-sided beat-down) is now in the ballpark of 193-1 in favour of Israel. I hope Israel’s bombing party continues for a while; I’m curious to see exactly how many Palestinian lives each Israeli is worth!
An organization called Independent Jewish Voices calls on the federal NDP to condemn the bombings here.
6. ENEMY OF THE STATE The freedom-loving U.S. detains a Pulitzer prize-winning journalist.
7. AW, IS MY FAVOURITE PERSONALITY TEST NONSENSE? “People aren’t exclusively extroverts or introverts – and where they fall on the spectrum can fluctuate widely based on how they are feeling at the moment,” says this story. R.I.P. Meyers-Briggs. You gave me a lot of entertainment over the years.
8. “DON’T RUN FROM BEARS”: SASKATCHEWAN GOVERNMENT Feh, what nonsense. EVERYONE knows the best way to not be eaten by bears is to run from them! Does Environment Minister Scott Moe WANT Saskatchewanians to be eaten by bears? What isn’t he telling us? Also, “Scott Moe”??? Why does the minister have two first names? The public demands answers!
Disclaimer: SCOTT MOE IS RIGHT!!! LISTEN TO HIM!!! DO NOT RUN FROM BEARS!!! THEY WILL RUN YOU DOWN AND MANGLE & DEVOUR YOU!!! NEVER, EVER RUN FROM BEARS!!!
VIDEO: NOW THAT’S A MOUSTACHE Jenny Lewis’ directed this video for the new song, “Just One Of The Guys”, from her upcoming album, The Voyager, which I’ll review in the paper soon. Good song. “All our friends are getting on/But the girls, they’re still stayin’ young”. Ouch!